Thursday, March 09, 2006

OIl & Gas

Out of boredom, I decided to crap on this topic..Oil & Gas...haha

I was surprised to know that actually many of my coursemates are actually deeply interested to work in Oil & Gas industry.

Oil & Gas has been known for its boring offshore assignments, where you have to leave your family and your 'land' life..(I think it is okay for singles....but how many wives or girl friends out there would rather not having their male counterparts to be with them all the time...especially when they are upset with something..PMS ...haha)

Well, technology wise, I bet you can come into contact with many state-of-the-art technologies, which will make yourself more marketable, (of course, if you master them lar)

Hehe...money wise, Oil & Gas generally pay well. I guess that is the main reason why so many of us are attracted to it. But hell, I read on newspaper the other day that Malaysia will be out of oil by 2010 (4 n half years from now) if there is no new oil site explored/discovered. Hehe...4 n half years only ler...after that, I guess we will have to go to Nigeria lor...

Because of intense competition, most of the Oil & Gas companies will have to 'create' their recruitment day to 'torture' (eh..no lar) to select the best candidate....

From my experience, ceh...actually it was my seniors'...who went to the Final Round of Shell Recruitment Day...he was actually competiting with Cambridge master holder and MIT PhD...haha...of course..he din get the offer..

Schlumberger...many have gone through that...first round...I guess many doubt how are the interviewer judge whether he/she is good enough to go into the 2nd round...by what...3 minutes pick-and-talk?? haha...but congratulations to those who have made it to the 2nd round....good luck..

So...that shows exactly how difficult it is to enter into the field...unless

Here is the darkiest side of the field...well, i would say everywhere in Malaysia...

If you know someone 'inside', don't care if it is your uncle, aunt, cousin, friends, seniors, or your sister's friend's husband's nephew...just ask them to farking recommend you...trust me...it will make your life easier...

Somebody told me that, one can actually 'shortcut' to the final round and easily get employed from there...see...how easy hor..

You may ask how unfair this world is, but that is the truth of life...

Some may claim it is 'their networking capabilities'...well...

To those who has no (networking lar), please don't give up trying, even if there is the quota thing, you will finally get it some day...

Don't blame God for being unfair...God provides everything you need...

(I am not a Christian)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home