Sunday, June 18, 2006

A letter to the Pizza Hut Management--see what they can do

After seeing the promotions on the pasta by Pizza Hut on the TV. I decided to dine in Pizza Hut Segamat this evening, 18/06/2006, at 8pm. I ordered a Regular bolognaise Chicken Spaghetti and a Regular Arabicana penne and two drinks. Then the food arrived. A first timer, I was not aware that the plate of spaghetti I was eating was a large serving. I finished the food. The food was nice. The waitress took my order was nice too. However, when I paid the bill later at RM28.98. I was charged for the price of a Large bolognaise Chicken Spaghetti which is RM12.50, RM 4 more than the regular one.

Fine, I requested for a refund. The cashier, Mr. Sharizie or what, then said that I have eaten the food and I have to pay for it. I politely explained it to him and insisted a refund. He then approached a lady, his manager I guess, by her grey uniform. The manager then asked him to deduct the extra amount from the bill and she left. This cashier, who obviously did not know how to handle such bills, offered to pay me back RM4. Although the amount was not correct (where are the tax charged?), I hope to get home soon and took that offer.

The moment when I was about to open the door and leave the restaurant. This cashier blurted out a phrase in Malay :"Lain Kali Makan Pizza Aja La" in front of other public in the restaurant. He must have intended to embarass me in front of the public. I felt irritated and stood there for 5 minutes waiting for his apology, which did not come. I really hope to get home soon then and to avoid any more direct confrontations with such a hostile waiter, I left.

Obviously he wanted to go the easy way by squeezing out a RM4 from his pocket rather than following the correct manner to correct the bill, which i guess, will not cause him any harm. He is absurd in not knowing how to do it.

I hope the management can look into this matter seriously.
  • Am I supposed to pay for a wrong move/order of the restaurant?
  • Am I wrong in requesting for a refund?
  • Am I wrong in ordering a Regular spaghetti and being served with a Large portion?
  • Do I deserve to be embarassed in front of the public? I paid for what I ordered and ate. I did not go into your restaurant expecting this kind of service.
I seriously request a reply to this. Hope this embarassment will not happen to other customers again.

Regards,
Melvin Soh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home