Friday, March 31, 2006

Petrunes Interview

Erm...yesterday I went for this Petrunes Recruitment Interview in my campus...I was told to be scheduled at 11a.m. I went there at 10.45am. To my surprise, my name was not on the list. And later they, the officers there, claimed that my name was in the 9am list...wtf....

but anyhow, they slotted me for a 12pm interview. I wasted 1 hour waiting. walan eh..How inefficient are they...

Then, I was given an article on Hunger Problem in this world. This is supposed to be a case study. I wondered why Petrenus allow people to bring in Dictionary? I din do so, but many candidates did, espcially the Ms. Anyway, they must have been hinted to do so in the sunday pre-interview talk. But why in the first place were we allowed to peek at dictionary, aren't us supposed to be tested? so what is this, open-book meh...obviously helping them lo...

Then after waiting for another 15 minutes, total 75 minutes wasted, I went into the interview room. The first task, discuss on the topic I was given earlier. To my surprise, that guy was too slow in taking notes of what I have mentioned...sigh...
and then his view on the topic is actually quite short...

I commented that the problem of hunger in Africa is due to politics bribery...He asked me how to solve this....Come on lar...even Badawi cannot ease the country's bribery lar...who am I so noble to come up with a good solution....tiu

Then, the 2nd task, role modelling, I was given a situation where I was the plant manager and my plant was found to be leaking toxic wastes to the nearby stream. The interviewer was the environmental department officer, he 'obviously' pushed me to answer that I am willing to close down the plant for 5 days loss of production for them to check out the plant. What I mean here is, when I first answered no, I would not close down the plant, he threatened me with closage of the plant if I was not willing to do so....blah blahblah...

further on, he took on the role as the mayor representative to ask me to supply the local residents with 5 tanker of fresh water since my plant was contaminating the stream....I suggested so many other solutions to him but he kept on rejecting on them...until I finally surrendered. The moment I surrendered, he closed on the topic and ended my interview.

What was he thinking in his mind, was the interview supposed to go in this way or was there some special order from his senior that he must do so to deter me from joining their company. Nobody knows...I really doubted my chance of getting the offer...haha

anyway, I went not because I wanted the job, but I wanted to see how things work there...blueh...truth cannot be hiddened forever....

By the way, I quickly surrendered to him because I did not want to affect my scheduled phone interview by Shell later at 1pm. luckily i made it...Their inefficient time and matters management system nearly costed me a place in Shell...fark..

1 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice point you got there man. For me, if what you are telling is true, the company may just want their future/present staff to be profit-minded or to hold firmly on the company's policies. Every solution must be parallel with profit or company's policy. Still, some company may want to solve environmental problem 'the easier way'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home